Brass jewelry is a popular choice for its affordability and unique aesthetic appeal. However, over time, it can become tarnished and lose its shine. Fortunately, cleaning brass jewelry is a simple process that can restore its luster and keep it looking great for years to come. In this blog, we'll go over some tips on how to clean brass jewelry.
- Mild dish soap
- Warm water
- Soft-bristled toothbrush
- Microfiber cloth
- Lemon juice or vinegar (optional)
- Baking soda (optional)
Create a cleaning solution: In a bowl, mix a few drops of mild dish soap with warm water. You can also add a tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar for extra cleaning power. Alternatively, you can make a paste with baking soda and water.
Soak the jewelry: Place the brass jewelry in the cleaning solution and let it soak for a few minutes.
Scrub gently: Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently scrub the jewelry, paying extra attention to any intricate details or crevices. Be sure to avoid using a hard-bristled brush, which can scratch the surface of the brass.
Rinse and dry: Once you have finished scrubbing, rinse the jewelry thoroughly with warm water to remove any soap residue. Dry the jewelry with a microfiber cloth, being careful not to rub too hard.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials on silver and brass jewelry, as they can damage the surface.
- Never soak jewelry that contains delicate gemstones in cleaning solutions.
- Keep your silver and brass jewelry dry and store it in a cool, dry place to prevent tarnishing.
- Wearing your jewelry will keep it from tarnishing, pretty cool, right?